Thursday, May 21, 2015

Doing It for Future Me

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now."

I've been feeling a little dejected in my job search. I don't have a high opinion of my resume, I don't think I can pad it with any good keywords to get past the automated filters without feeling sleazy. What is one to do? Search the interwebs for some encouragement, that's what. I found that tree saying in an old Forbes article about motivational sayings for job seekers and it was just what I needed to put things into perspective and get some hope: I'm not completely wasting my time by starting a blog or doing a drawing a day or opening a twitter account. It's planting seeds. I need to keep watering and weeding now. And, unexpectedly, my consulting is going to be a paying gig - it was going to be pro bono but the clients insist (twist my arm) - so that's a nice confidence boost.





No comments:

Post a Comment